Becky N. Van Dam
- Criminal Defense
Attorney Becky Van Dam focuses her practice in criminal defense. Since joining Mayer Law Office, LLC, she has handled criminal, traffic and appellate cases. Attorney Van Dam has experience in the courtroom and in legal research and writing. She received her Juris Doctor Degree and Certificate in Litigation Practice from Marquette University Law School.
During law school, Attorney Van Dam gained experience working as a Student Practitioner at the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office, as a Research Assistant to a Legal Analysis, Writing and Research Professor, as a Judicial Intern in the Felony Division at the Milwaukee County Circuit Court, and as a Legal Volunteer in the Domestic Violence Unit at the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office. She was also selected to participate in the Spring 2014 Jenkins Honors Moot Court Competition and the Fall 2014 National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition.
Prior to law school, Attorney Van Dam worked as a Probation and Parole Agent at the Department of Corrections in Milwaukee. She earned her Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh.
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 2015
- Honors: CALI Award (highest grade) Criminal Practice, Spring 2015
- Honors: Dean's List, Fall 2013
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, Oshkosh
- B.S. - 2008
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Wisconsin, 2015
- Waukesha District Attorney's Office, Student Practitioner, 2014 to 2015
- Department of Corrections, Probation and Parole Agent, 2009 to 2012
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- Washington County Bar Association , Member
Certified Legal Specialties
- Litigation Practice, Marquette University Law School, 2015
Current Employment Position