Family Law Attorneys In West Bend, Wisconsin
Parents work hard to provide their kids with healthy lives. They support their children financially and emotionally, and they do whatever they can to keep their kids safe. Many people who are going through divorce feel as though their control over their kids’ lives has been taken away during the divorce.
Resolving All Elements Of Washington County Divorce Matters
If that is what you are feeling, it may be beneficial to work with a West Bend family law attorney who can help protect your rights and the best interests of your kids throughout the process. That is exactly what Mayer Law Office, LLC, offers individuals throughout West Bend, Wisconsin, and the surrounding communities. Our attorneys work with clients to resolve family law matters, including:
- Divorce: Attorneys Catherine Terry and Becky Van Dam represent individuals in all aspects of divorce, helping determine property settlement and creating a parenting plan that meets their needs and best interests.
- Child custody: Child custody determines which parent is responsible for making important legal decisions regarding the children. This includes decisions regarding non-emergency medical care, education, religion and other decisions.
- Visitation: The visitation schedule (also called placement) determines where the child will physically reside.
- Child support: Catherine Terry and Becky Van Dam work with parents to help them understand their financial rights and obligations with regards to raising their children.
- Restraining orders: The firm works with individuals who are seeking restraining orders to protect themselves or their children.
- Paternity: The firm works with clients to establish paternity. Paternity can help fathers receive parenting time with their children, and it allows mothers to collect financial support from the adjudicated father.
- Property division: When a marriage ends, all marital property must be divided equally between the two parties.
- Spousal support: Spousal support (formerly called alimony) may be awarded to one party to enable him or her to maintain the lifestyle grown accustomed to during the marriage.
- Adoptions: Our lawyers provide compassionate, personalized and experienced representation for families seeking to adopt in Wisconsin. We are here to handle the legal issues so you can focus on building your new family.
- Guardianships: We represent people who wish to become the guardian of an incapacitated parent or an adult child with special needs.
Discussing the specifics of your situation with an experienced lawyer can help you find the solution that is most appropriate for your situation. Contact Mayer Law Office, LLC, online or call 888-707-0085 to schedule your free initial consultation.