View Our Practice Areas

November 2017 Archives

How can I establish paternity of my child?

If you are a Wisconsin man who was not married to your child’s mother at the time he or she was born, Wisconsin does not consider you to be your child’s legal father or to have any rights to him or her unless you formally establish paternity. As the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families explains, you can do this in any of the following three ways:

What are some consequences I could face for drinking in college?

Your first year at a university is probably one of the most exciting times of your life. Instead of having to obey the rules of your teachers and parents, you are now an adult, and you are on your own. During this milestone year, you might be looking forward to making new friends, attending parties and going to sports events, in addition to studying for your career. However, you and other college students in Wisconsin also need to understand the risks of college drinking.

A calm head may protect your wallet during a divorce

Divorce is a time of high emotion. There are frequently hurt feelings, anger and frustration. It is not uncommon for people to behave differently from normal when these emotions are in play, but during a divorce, acting without carefully considering your motives can have costly consequences.

Co-parenting and holiday stress

Even in families where the parents are married, the holiday season can be one of the most stressful times of the year for Wisconsin. Throw in a divorce, especially a recent one, and the stress levels can rise quickly. Many people with young children may be especially concerned about how to balance time with their kids when traditions will naturally change. If you are in this situation, it is good for you to know that there are things you may do to simplify things for you and your children.

Questions? We can Help.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

West Bend Office
120 North Main Street Suite 360
West Bend, WI 53095

Toll Free: 888-707-0085
Fax: 262-338-7714
West Bend Law Office Map

Menomonee Falls Office
P.O. Box 768
Menomonee Falls, WI 53052

(By Appointment Only)